ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Joe Ruggiero <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 07:52:48 -0700

Eric,

I'm not sure this is a direct solution to the question you asked, but we
have modified a pedal generator available from WindStream Power to use a
hand motion instead. It's a little tricky to do both at the same time.
For one thing, hands and feet are at different heights and might even
like different orientation of motion. The other problem, perhaps more
difficult to overcome is the possibility that if one 'pedal' is being
cranked by hand the other one is flying around in the air and could
smack a little, uncoordinated kid in the side of the head as they tried
to catch up with it.

Joe R

www.TheExhibitGuys.com