ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Becky Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:45:43 -0600

We do VC outreach for schools from the east coast to Texas. We occasionally provide videoconferences from NASA sites to our visitors. Our center is also a member of a local VC collaboration called Project DIANE (Diversified Information and Assistance Network). Here is an excerpt from the last Project DIANE newsletter.

CLOSED CAPTIONING PILOT - Next week, Project DIANE will pilot test a videoconference bridge-based realtime closed captioning capability.  This will entail feeding live text translations into one quadrant of a 4-way continuous presence split screen display.  We would like to recruit 4 or 5 DIANE member organizations to participate in the pilot
test and give us their opinion of the viability of this approach to providing support for deaf and hard of hearing persons interested in participating in video-based distance education and training opportunities in Project DIANE.

You may want to contact Dr. Stephen Shao through the Project DIANE website for more information -- www.diane.tnstate.edu

Becky Fox Matthews
Educator/Distance Learning and Special Projects
Adventure Science Center
800 Ft. Negley Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37203
615-401-5073