ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tina Lanese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:33:12 -0700

Science Buddies is hosting a free professional development webinar for science educators on September 14, 2011!

About Science Buddies:
Nearly 10 million K-12 students, parents, and teachers utilized Science Buddies award-winning resources during 2010.   Science Buddies (www.sciencebuddies.org) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) software and content developer that builds online communities, resources, and tools for K-12 STEM education. Our mission is to help children from all walks of life build their literacy in science and technology so they can become productive and engaged citizens in the 21st century.

Webinar:
Are you interested in learning how Science Buddies can help you integrate science and engineering projects and resources into your curriculum? We invite you to join us Wednesday, September 14, for an hour-long professional development webinar for teachers. We will provide a comprehensive, guided tour of the Science Buddies website and will highlight ways in which you can use Science Buddies resources and Project Ideas with your K-12 students.  We will also introduce a new set of video and computer game design resources, developed with support from the AMD Foundation, for classroom instruction and student exploration at home.

All attendees who answer a brief survey at the end of the webinar will be entered into a drawing to win one of three external hard-drives (Mac or PC) donated by Western Digital.
The video and computer games guided portion of the webinar is sponsored by AMD Changing the Game, an initiative of the AMD Foundation, which is designed to spark students' interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) learning by creating video games. We would also like to acknowledge Citrix Sytems, Inc. for providing the GoToWebinar software.

Title:	Professional Development Webinar for Science Educators

Date: 	Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Time:	3:30 p.m. Pacific
		4:30 p.m. Mountain
		5:30 p.m. Central
		6:30 p.m. Eastern

Sign Up: 	https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/227047702

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

If you have any questions, please contact Kaarin Graham at [log in to unmask] .

Tina Lanese
VP, Science Buddies
415.383.4878