ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bonnie VanDorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:11:34 -0400

Joel Halvorson asked me to post this invitation on his behalf.
Bonnie VanDorn
Executive Director, ASTC
-----
Working with NASA, we have recently launched the Earth-Sun Museum Alliance
(ESMA). This best practices network is a dynamic forum for informal
education and NASA professionals to, collaborate, evolve, and develop,
dynamic and creative educational applications of Earth and Sun science data,
expertise, and emerging technology. We host bi-weekly telecom's open to
anyone in the IE community, and we support professional development
opportunities such as the Earth Data Visualization workshop  Nov. 17-18 at
AMNH in New York. We are now starting to focus on IPY and IGLO becomes a
logical target that helps carry our focus further into the future.

In the spirit of IGLO [BV note: IGLO is the ASTC-proposed international
project on global warming in conjunction with the International Polar Year
that was announced at the recent ASTC Annual Conference in Richmond], I
would like to extent an invitation to ASTC members to participate in any of
the ESMA activities. Next up: Thursday's  telecom entitled:  Is Earth's
Ozone  Shield  Recovering? Featuring atmospheric scientist Dr. Paul Newman.
(Details below)

Thank you,

Joel Halvorson
Earth-Sun Museum Alliance PI

Educational Technology Fellow
Science Museum of Minnesota
120 West Kellogg Boulevard
St. Paul, Minnesota 55102
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
voice:651.221.2538 cell:612.770.8642 fax:651.221.4528
Web: www.smm.org

********
Event:           Earth-Sun  Museum  Alliance  telecom:  Is  Earth's  Ozone
Shield  Recovering?