ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lorry Comiskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:11:10 -0800

When I worked for the Baltimore Visitor center, we used Volunteer Works
for volunteers to sign in using a 3 digit code. This kept track of their
hours. We were able to run reports and did not have to spend staff time
transferring hours into a separate data base.

I am currently working at the California Science Center and we use a
sign in book. We have had several instances where teen volunteers have
signed in and disappeared or had someone else sign in for them. This has
happened in the past but potentially an issue to consider.

I am trying to get Volunteer Works (volunteer department has one
license) to a computer for our volunteers to sign in instead of the
"book".

Lorry Comiskey