ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Connolly, Kitty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:22:21 -0700

Hi all -

Last year some of you helped us shape a PD proposal to the Institute of Museum and Library Services (thank you to those who contributed to the online survey). Well, on October 1 we were awarded the grant. I'm writing today to invite you to consider applying to Exhibiting Skills: Exhibition Development for Informal Educators.

Here is the program in a nutshell:

*         Free professional development

*         Plant-focused exhibit workshop

*         Active, small-group work

*         Collaborative network

*         Travel and lodging costs reimbursed

The first of five workshop will be held at the Huntington from February 1 through February 7, 2012. You can read more about it and find the application at huntington.org<http://huntington.org/> > Education > Exhibiting Skills or through this link<http://huntington.org/huntingtonlibrary.aspx?id=10190>.

If you interpret (or want to interpret) living plant collections, this might be for you. The deadline for applications is the day before Thanksgiving. Please contact me if you have any questions.

All the best,
-- Kitty

Kitty Connolly
Strategic Initiatives Manager
626.405.3583
626.405.3501 fax
The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens
1151 Oxford Road | San Marino, California 91108
www.huntington.org<http://www.huntington.org/>