ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Wayne LaBar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:23:30 -0400

Hello all

Just to let everyone know The National Association for Museum Exhibition (NAME) is one of AAM's Standing Professional Committees and we are looking for sessions!

We want to remind everyone that it is time to submit proposals for next year's AAM Annual Meeting which will be held in Los Angeles, from May 23 - 27, 2010.  The theme for the 2010 meeting is Museums Without Borders.  While proposals may include

any topic related to developing visitor experiences, those relating to the meeting theme are given greater consideration by the AAM Program Committee.  Some topics that relate directly to the meeting theme include the following:

Learning how best to engage publics in new ways

How museums have succeeded, or not, in responding to different

communities including minorities, immigrants, and children;

How museums have succeeded or not succeeded in creating networks with

other museums in the United States and abroad.

What we've learned about what works with nontraditional audiences.

So do you have an idea about exhibitions that relates to the themes above. Any exhibit area: Technology, design content development prototyping etc. Check out the AAM web site to work and submit a session and ask for NAME endorsement!

Cheers!

Wayne

Wayne LaBar

VP, Exhibitions and Featured Experiences, Liberty Science Center
Principal-in-Charge, LSC Experience Services

Liberty Science Center
Liberty State Park
222 Jersey City Blvd
Jersey City, NJ 07305