ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mik Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:46:35 EST

I don't know if this has been mentioned but some people have said that
Everest is one of the best IMAX films of all time.  It may or may not be but it has
sold a few tickets.  I always thought it funny that during the climactic scene
in which our hero ascends to the peak without oxygen tank and we watch as he
struggles through the deep snow and ice, that there is obviously a full camera
crew making the same assent just yards from him.  What's even funnier is that
I have head very few people ever question that.  I suppose that is the case
with many such documentary films but Everest sticks in my mind and always
brings a smile.

Mik Jacobs
Blazing Science
(407) 761-7469