ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:06:18 EDT

Sorry for the truncated message.  I would suggest checking out the  Expanding
Your Horizons project, which has provided the framework for many  career
days.  The program focuses on encouraging girls to pursue science  careers, but I
am sure the structure of their workshop will provide some useful  ideas:

_http://www.expandingyourhorizons.org/_
(http://www.expandingyourhorizons.org/)

In projects I have been involved in, I have found that graduate students  can
be very effective in serving as role models and also in providing very
practical answers to the rich variety of questions students have, ranging from  why
are you studying science to what do you do every day.

Bob

Robert L.  Russell, Ph.D.
Science Advisor, Self-Reliance Foundation
Project Director,  Celebra la Ciencia & ConCiencia/Hispanic Science Newswire
(202) 360-4117  (office) (202) 997-5539 (cell)

_www.celebralaciencia.org_ (http://www.celebralaciencia.org/)
_www.selfreliancefoundation.org_ (http://www.selfreliancefoundation.org/)

1126  16th St. NW, Suite 350
Washington, DC 20036

In a message dated 9/9/2008 12:49:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,