ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:25:30 -0500

Hello, All:

The NY Hall of Science has been working to develop STEM learning activities based on design for both formal and informal settings.  These activities will live in a new exhibition/program area called Design Lab, and will also extend into local classrooms.

One of our challenges is to develop the capacity for our floor staff (our Explainers) to facilitate design based activities in the exhibition space for school and family audiences.   We recognize that "design" is a bit of an open ended term, but however you all might define it, are there others who are working on similar approaches?

Please drop me a note if you are either working on this now or are interested in developing similar activities and skills.

Thanks

Eric

Eric Siegel
Director and Chief Content Officer