ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mike Shanahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:57:22 -1000

"Beavers" in IMAX was pretty much hilarious from start to finish. When
we were installing the new IMAX theater at Pacific Science Center in
1998, I remember that we had a German-soundtrack version of that film
for testing.  I couldn't say "Bibers" at a staff meeting with a straight face.

Maybe it's director Stephen Low's touch...I remember that his film
'Super Speedway' opened with what should have been a pretty conventional
scene with a bunch of birds (ducks and geese?) in a barn.  But instead,
it was a funny/charming moment.  Why? Because it slowly dawns on you
that the duck is wagging its head in time to the music on the soundtrack!

Mike

--

Mike Shanahan                                   Phone: (808) 847 8235
Education Director                              Cell: (808) 386 1419