ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Thomas Tanioka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:11:26 -0700

At the risk of killing the golden goose, we've been having local drug
stores save their empty pill bottles.  We drill the tops out to and
bottoms to 5/32 and use a 3/16 inch dowel for an axle, cut the bottoms
of the bottles off with a band saw.  Just tried cutting the bottoms
off of 16 oz water bottles after pre-drilling for dowel axles.  We'll
see how that works tomorrow.
Tom Tanioka
Education Director
Challenger Learning Center/Castle Science and Technology Center
3460 Challenger Way
Atwater, CA  95301

209-726-0296
Fax 209-726-3491
http://www.challengersjv.org/

About Challenger Center for Space Science Education

We are a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization founded in 1986 by the
families of the astronauts tragically lost in the Challenger 51-L
mission.
Dedicated to the educational spirit of that mission, Challenger Center
programs continue the crew’s mission of engaging students in science,
math
and technology and foster in them an interest to pursue careers in those
fields. For more information on our diverse programs, including our
network of Challenger Learning Centers, please click to www.challenger.org
.