ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jared Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:21:31 +0000

Sunset Zoo used a more local option, Deal Garden, to run a promotion on its family memberships.  We put the stipulation on the deal that it was for new memberships only, and we saw a huge success with it.  We ran the deal during September, which is typically the start of a slow membership time for us.

Due to the success, we are planning to offer another deal on Deal Garden in the coming days for our "Adopt an Animal" program.  We are trying to run this during the holiday season as a gift option.

We looked into Groupon, but we decided to go with Deal Garden because it is more prevalent in our community.  Deal Garden is also promoted through one of our local media partners.

Jared Bixby
Curator of Education
Sunset Zoo & Flint Hills Discovery Center