ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Martin Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 19:46:32 -0400

Forrest
Sorry if my reply is late.

The new York Hall of Science historically has contracted out design,
fabrication and evaluation for our exhibitions except one which we
fabricated. Exhibition development is however run by teams headed by a PI
from the Hall of Science. This is historical for economic issues. It would
cost us too much to maintain appropriate staff  and it gives us some
flexibility in choosing firms more appropriate to our projects.

We tend not to turn over exhibits on a yearly basis. In fact we have an
exhibition that date back to the mid 1980's and others from the 1990's. One
of the reasons we have retired exhibits has had to do with antiquated
technology that we could not sustain. I could offer a rationale for this if
you are interested.

Martin Weiss

--
Martin Weiss, PhD