ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kathleen Krafft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:20:33 -0500

> This may not be quite what you're looking for, but worth investigating:

There's a wonderful video (1/2 hour) called "The Way Things Go" in English that is, I think,
both very clever and funny..  An enormous Rube Goldberg structure set up in a warehouse in
which mechanical, chemical, fire, etc are used to trigger one event after another.  Not
something you'd want kids to try out at home....  but I laughed and oooed and aaaahed
through the whole thing (okay-- I"m an exhibits person and like to build things too).

My DVD says it is from www.firstrunfeatures.com;  I purchased it recently from a
distributor.

Creators:  Peter Fischli and David Weiss, filmed in Germany.

 "Glorious, inspired, and demented" as it says on the cover is an appropriate description.

Kathy Krafft
Director of Exhibits
Sciencenter
Ithaca, NY