ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bill Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:49:33 -0500

It's interesting to me that the "flunking a museum" experiences that
have been expressed thus far mostly occurred in art museums. It occurred
to me that while we science folks might interpret our experiences as
having flunked, maybe art museum educators might not assign the same
label to their museums or to our experiences in them.

Which leads me to ask: Do you think it's possible that our *science*
museums are much more "flunkable" to people not as familiar with science
as the people on this listserv (i.e., our visitors) - or that what we
consider not flunking, they do?

Bill

Bill Watson
Research Assistant, SCALE-uP
Doctoral Candidate, Curriculum & Instruction
The George Washington University
(202) 994-1171
www.gwu.edu/~scale-up