ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:17:09 -0500

    Museums and the Web 2009
    the international conference for culture and heritage on-line
    April 15-18, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
    http://www.archimuse.com/mw2009/

** There are two key deadlines this weekend for MW2009. **

** Regular Registration Deadline: January 31, 2009 **
The deadline for regular registration for MW2009 is this Saturday.
Payment for regular registrations must be *received by January 31,
2009*. Register on-line with a credit card to ensure your budget goes
the furthest.

See https://www2.archimuse.com/mw2009/mw2009.registrationForm.html

** Best of the Web Nominations Close February 1, 2009 **
The Best of the Web contest is taking place on-line this year. See
http://conference.archimuse.com/page/best_web_2009_nomination_process
for details.

Nominate your favourite site *by February 1, 2009*. There are no
fees, and nominating a site other than your own is encouraged.

You can also review -- and comment on -- the sites nominated. Voting
for the 'MW2009 People's Choice' award will open in April. Watch for
the announcement.

** Why come to Museums and the Web? **
MW is leading international venue where people working in museums,
science centers and art galleries share how they are responding to
the challenges of our networked world. At MW2009 you can connect with
people who understand what you are doing, and who have dealt with the
issues you're now facing.

As delegates at MW2008 said: "I finally have found a conference that
caters to the work that I am doing". And we have fun doing it. There
are "so many great people " and MW is "one of the friendliest
conferences I've been to ... that's useful".

We hope to see you in Indianapolis!

jennifer and David

--
Jennifer Trant and David Bearman
Co-Chairs: Museums and the Web 2009          produced by