ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cricket Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:47:39 -0600

Thanks for the correction, Martin.  You're of course right, now that I think back on it.  The VW in the air definitely made a lasting impression, even if an inaccurate one.

Wasn't there a science center somewhere that did have a long lever where visitors could lift up a platform with a car or truck on it?  Or did I just wish for that when I was at Science City?

Cricket

Cricket Brooks | Project Manager

DIMENSIONAL  I N N O V A T I O N S
3421 Merriam Lane  |  Overland Park, KS 66203
Direct: 913.744. 2179  |  Main: 913.384.3488
Fax: 913.384.1074  |  Cell: 913.908.5621

www.dimin.com

The Nauticus exhibit shows the comparison weight of a Battleship shell and a classic VW Beetle. The exhibit is fixed, not interactive, and merely shows the equivalent weight/balance. I do have a pretty lame, low quality picture I can send upon request.

Martin S. Fisher
President
Science Central
1950 North Clinton Street