ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Daniels, Alissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 09:11:48 -0500

The exhibit is meant to show kids what life is like for kids in China. So it's a modern exhibit. We've got great contacts with our local Chinese community and work with them regularly for events like Chinese New Year and Dragon Boat. But now that we're going to have this exhibit, the museum is planning an "all China, all the time" sort of program for next summer (which will also feature the Beijing Olympics!). So, as the science person, I'm just trying to come up with science programming that ties in somehow. Suggestions so far have been fantastic, keep them coming!

Meanwhile, your original question (if China asked for representative US inventions), all I can think of is that one Schoolhouse Rock episode, "Mother Necessity" that features Alexander Graham Bell, the Wright Brothers and more like tham  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8wuGRlRZqk.  Ah, the memories....

AD
Alissa Daniels, Science Program Manager
Boston Children's Museum
617-426-6500 x342
www.BostonChildrensMuseum.org
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..."   --Isaac Asimov