ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Savory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:21:22 -0700

We call this sort of thing "The Chain of Pain."

By the way, on wet days when your vdG doesn't give you nice long sparks it will still charge up a Leyden jar which you can discharge to great effect. Yogurt containers, with paper clips and tinfoil can create an amusingly terrifying zap.

David Savory
Community Extensions Program Developer and Exhibit Curator
Science World British Columbia
TELUS World of Science
1455 Quebec Street
Vancouver, BC
Canada V6A 3Z7

t: 604.443.7561
f: 604.443.7434
e: [log in to unmask]
w: scienceworld.ca

Science World British Columbia is a self-supporting non-profit organization which engages British Columbians in science and inspires future science and technology leadership throughout our province.

This e-mail may be privileged and confidential. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately.