Informal Science Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:14:49 +0900
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (76 lines)
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Sorry

The correct AstronomyWA url is www.astronomywa.net.au

Paul Nicholls
Director Science Partnerships
Scitech

My email: [log in to unmask]
My direct line: 9215 0730
My mobile: 0418959979
My web: www.scitech.org.au

-----Original Message-----
From: Informal Science Education Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Nicholls
Sent: Friday, 16 January 2009 1:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: IYA 2009 Astronomy WA Space Camp

ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Dear colleagues

Scitech in Perth Western Australia will be hosting an Astronomy Challenge for school teams comprising 3 Year 8-10 (13-15 years) students and an accompanying teacher between 5-7 May 2009.

This program is open to teams both nationally and internationally and we would welcome your involvement.

Non-Western Australian teams are only charged a small entry fee for this exciting residential program. Non Western Australian teams also need to cover their own transport costs to and from Perth.

Western Australia is in the running to host the proposed international Square Kilometre Array (www.ska.gov.au) project and plays host to the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR), the Australian International Gravity Research Organisation (AIGRO) involved in gravity wave detection, the Gingin Observatory, Horizon Planetarium, Gravity Discovery Centre and the Perth Observatory so participants in the programs will be treated to some amazing experiences and share their enthusiasm with other like minded students and teachers. Perth isn't a bad place to visit either!

We would greatly appreciated if you could promote this to any schools or groups you believe may be interested in being involved in this wonderful opportunity during International Year of Astronomy 2009.

Full details can be found at www.astronomywa.net.auy clicking on the SPACE CAMP 09 link.

If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to call or send us an email.

Paul

Paul Nicholls
Director Science Partnerships
Scitech

My email: [log in to unmask]
My direct line: 9215 0730
My mobile: 0418959979

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to [log in to unmask]

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2