ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Max Scharfenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:09:52 -0700

When I was teaching school some 15 years ago I used to do the same thing
when kids came to class and wanted to borrow a pencil.  Never had to worry
about not getting the pencil back at the end of class.  This system works,
the only problem I see is if someone decides to pull a fast one and brings
an extra pair of shoes and then tries to walk out with the laptop.  In our
libraries, all the exits are set up so that people can not leave the
building unless the books are checked out, just like most record and
department stores.  If you have a system like that in place you should never
loose one.

Max