ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Bibby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:50:36 +0100

Dear George and all

What a wonderful project - can we have one in England too, please?

(More seriously, we did try to get funding for something similar in year
2000. Our plan was more "outreach" - "maths caravans" rather than big
buildings - and we of course liased with the Mathematikum in Giessen which I
guess you know about as well as all the amazing Italian ones. We have some
materials and documentation I could look out if you are inetrested. There
was also an abortive EU project.)

I shall be on your Pacific Coast Sept-Dec - is anything interesting going on
there that I could get involved with?

Regards

JOHN BIBBY (York, England)

PS: Anybody know about "Chocolate Science"?  That is our latest museum
project - York being the "City of Quaker Chocolatiers"

--
Cheers JOHN BIBBY