ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
CSAS Director <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2010 10:37:07 -0700

With more resources being cut from our nations' schools and the need for
STEM jobs rising, out-of-school STEM education is more important than ever.
Join us at the 2010 National Conference for Science and Technology in Out of
School Time and become part of a growing national network working to
increase access and opportunity for all students in STEM.

Through workshops in funding trends, professional development, evaluation
and assessment, research and policy, networks and systemic pathways, and
curriculum and pedagogy, participants will learn about recent developments
in the field of STEM education and share their unique ideas to preserve and
improve STEM out-of-school programs.

The Conference is open to any and all stakeholders at the national and local
levels. We welcome your viewpoint as an advocate for out-of-school science
and technology programs and encourage you to represent your organization or
institution.

The Conference will take place in Universal City, CA (Los Angeles) from
September 22nd-24th, 2010. Register before August 23rd to receive a
participation discount. Visit us at
http://scienceafterschoolconference.orgto register and gain access to
a wide network of out-of-school STEM
education stakeholders. We can't wait to see you there!

The 2010 National Conference for Science and Technology in Out-of-School
Time is hosted by the Coalition for Science After School and Project
Exploration, and is presented by Time Warner Cable as part of its Connect a
Million Minds Initiative.