HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:50:59 -0400
The white Proesser buttons are not the same as "milk glass," as the  buttons
were made by heat compression and the latter are melted and molded.  Also, I
believe the 19th century ornamental milk glass is more opaque and  opalescent
than the milkier 20th century glass.

I have to laugh, as I attended a lecture a few weeks ago by a young woman
who kept talking about a medicine jar with a funny name. Suddenly, it hit me she
 was mis-pronouncing "Mentholatum" and I nearly burst out laughing. Carol
Serr  sat behind me and leaned forward to say, "she is too young to know."

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.