HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"L. D Mouer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 20:24:21 -0400
Linda,

Many many grovels in apology. I was meaning to be making a light-hearted
tease, but I should know by now that even teases can be hurtful...not to
mention they don't come off as intended in e-mail. Now as for "crocking."

It is an historic term, but I cannot think for the life of me where I have
encountered it. I have a bunch of books and articles on 18th-c gardening.
Maybe in one of those. I'll try to do some some scouting.

Dan Mouer
Virginia Commonwealth University
http://saturn.vcu.edu/~dmouer/homepage.htm