HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rob Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 16:14:01 -0400
Hello All,

Currently I am attempting to put together a session for the upcoming
American Society for Ethnohistory meeting to be held in Minneapolis this
November.

Tentatively titled something like "Places of Power" the theme of the
session is the role of the landscape in shaping human relations to both
other human groups and the spirit world.  Although potential submissions
should have an ethnohistorical slant, I am also very interested in papers
that critically combine both the archaeological and ethnohistorical
records.

Topics so far submitted, at least tentatively, include the  Maumee-Wabash
portage in northeastern Indiana, Pillager's Gap in north central
Minnesota, mountain landscapes in the Andes and Chief Mountain in Glacier
National Park.

Interested persons can reach me at the addresses below.

Sincerely,

Rob Mann
Anthropology Department
PO Box 6000