HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Cromwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 1995 12:15:51 -0700
The lack of interest in early 20th century domestic sites is clearly
evident when one looks for published reports on such sites; there is just
not much out there.  Other than Bill Adam's excellent multi-volume report
on Silcott, WA, does anybody else have recommendations on must-reads for
early 20th century sites?  Also, anybody have any sources on early 20th
century decal printed ceramics, especially with roses on them?  My thesis
site (ORBE2) is a house built in 1910 with associated trash pits, and I'm
finding that there is a real lack of sources to either compare this site
with, or to date artifacts such as these decal printed ceramics (white
ironstone).  They look 1920-ish to me, but this clearly can't be used in
a thesis.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Cromwell
Masters Student in Historic Archaeology