HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Stine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2013 16:55:05 -0400
Hey all,

A session call-

I am pulling together a session in Quebec City at the 2014 SHA centered on
“questions that count” in landscape archaeology.  Anyone interested in this
topic and attending the SHA next January should give me a call
(3336-334-5132) or drop me a line ([log in to unmask]).  My recent work is in
farmsteads, an urban estate, a colonial town and battlefield, and a
plantation site, each framed within a landscape research paradigm.

Draft session abstract:

Foregrounding the Landscape in Archaeology

The symposium presents listeners with a wide range of papers tied by the
threads of landscape analysis. Speakers will address, “”What questions are
we asking in landscape archaeology?” and “What methods work best or are
problematical?” for their specific studies.  Some archaeologists are
interested in the social negotiation of space and place while others focus
on spatial analysis or landform dynamics. Others attempt to combine a
number of approaches in their landscape research. This session demonstrates
that you can investigate a broad variety of questions, theories, and
methods using the concept of landscape.  It offers a forum for
international scholars to compare and contrast their recent ideas about
landscape at a diverse array of sites and regions.
If you might be interested, give me a call soon.
Thanks,

Linda
--
Dr. Linda France Stine, RPA