HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:15:56 -0500
I have a square mercurochrome bottle and a square iodine bottle sitting on
my desk:)  Both are from my grandmother's attic and were put there in the
1960s.  She took them from my greatgrandmother's house in the 1950s. The
mercurochrome cost $.19 as printed on the sidepanel of the label.  It was
distributed by the Indiana Merchandise Company of Indianapolis as H. W. and
D. Brand of Merbromin, 2% solution. The iodine bottle was packed in
Nashville, Tn. and the sidepanel sez...ANTIDOTE - Vomit, made by mixing
mustard in water then drinking freely of gruel, arrowroot, or boiled starch.
(Yuck:)  Both are rubber stoppered with glass applicators.  I have jpegs if
wanted:)

Dan Allen
Cumberland Research Group, Inc.