HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Andrea G. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 1956 21:36:18 -0400
I don't understand the distinction between a historical archaeology of "human
behavior" and an archaeology whose purpose is to discover and interpret
"historical facts."  Does anyone out there really believe that history exists
in the absence of human behavior?  I have yet to read a history book that does
not contemplate the who what when where why and how of people's actions in the
past.