HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Daniel Robert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:35:07 -0400
My understanding is that IKEA is an acronym for the company founders's
name and town in swedend where he is from. IK for the founder and EA for
the town.  The I is therefore an integral part of the IKEA name and does
not stand for "International"

I thought about the IKEA angle when i first saw your post and (wisely)
kept my mouth shut, giving you the benefit of the doubt.