HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:55:39 -0400
I would like to thank everyone who took the time to reply to my recent query.

Several weeks ago, I asked if anyone had used a proton magnetometer in an
urban setting. The response was very interesting and virtually unanimous: IT
WON'T WORK! There is far too much background noise. Some replies suggested
that it may work in specific contexts depending on site conditions, but
these contexts are quite rare in an urban setting.

Please excuse cross postings.

William Moss
Archeologue principal
Design et patrimoine