HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
bill lipe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 20:42:20 -0700
Dear Bill--

You might write to Florence Lister at her home in Mancos, Colorado.
Florence has worked as a research librarian (in addition to her other
accomplishments) and she and Bob Lister were active proponents of SHA in
its early days.  It is just possible that she might have copies of these
programs, and if she does, she will be able to find them and they will be
in good shape.    She can be reached at 8301 County Road 40 1/10, Mancos,
Colorado  81328.

Have you contacted Rick Sprague?  If he ever had copies, of course, he has
probably already put them into the archives at the U. of Idaho.

I am not entirely clear of the circumstances here.   I take it that you are
seeking these programs for the SHA archives.  You might want to assure
Florence (or other prospective donors) that these archives are not going to
be kept in Australia, but are going to remain at some single location in
the U.S., preferably under the auspices of an established library.  Or
perhaps I misunderstand what this is about.

Say hello to Don Pate for me.

Best,

Bill Lipe