HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mary Beth Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 1995 18:57:57 -0700
Although I somehow missed the original post here (probably deleted it
during the firestorm over on arch-theory), I assume that its on sources
for turbines and other waterwheels?  In the past, prior to my
*conversion* to Contact Studies, I found myself working on a number of
mill sites, including grist-mills, wood-working and ironworks, where we
had a number of wheels and turbines.  The best source on
nineteenth-century wheels we found was the American Precision Museum in
southern Vermont (Windsor, I think).  They even have a number of
mid-nineteenth century turbines sitting outside in the parking lot (not
enough room in the museum, it seems.)  Phone # is (802)674-5781.

MB Williams