HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bill Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 14:07:09 +1030
Apologies for cross-listings....

I have two new web pages of interest to historical archaeologists.

About ... historical archaeology
http://wwwehlt.flinders.edu.au/wha/histarchinfo.html

This page contains the basic links to understanding historical
archaeology in its global context. Included are links to online articles,
organizations, and archaeological site summaries from every continent.
Included here are related areas of historical archaeology, like
industrial archaeology, maritime archaeology, commercial archaeology. I
am trying to get examples for every state and province, but have had no
luck so far in web searches for some. If you can assist me in providing
your favorite URLs, I would appreciate it.

Case Studies in Historical Archaeology
http://wwwehlt.flinders.edu.au/wha/case/*studies.html

This web page provides links to a series of case studies in historical
archaeology. These case studies provide summaries of the historical and
archaeological research about a site or locality, often using oral
history as a major source for information. So far, these case studies are
my own work in collaboration with many others. However, I would like to
showcase historical archaeology here and welcome submissions by others. I
plan on having two versions of the text eventually with one written for
grade school children. If you would be willing to contribute, please
contact me.