HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 04:21:31 -0400
Since I have committed to another paper in HSA 2008, I can only suggest you
seek papers on Immigrant camps and shrines in remote U.S/ Mexico International
 Border areas along the California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas borders.
Margaret Hangaman, formerly of BLM and now with the U.S. Forest Service
(Cleveland National Forest) delivered a great paper a few years ago here in
California on religious shrines found within a few miles of the border in
California. A number of archaeology surveys over the years have mapped and  recorded
migrant worker's camps around tomato fields. As well, features  associated with
U.S. Border Patrol arrests have also been recorded. An entire  subculture has
developed trails, camps, religious shrines and associated  features across
America that merits serious attention by contemporary  archaeologists. Surely
someone out there could contribute a paper on this  topic?

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.