Reply To:
HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2012 02:54:59 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
(posted on behalf of Harold Mytum; please reply to Harold directly if you're interested in participating.  Apologies for any cross-posting)

Call for Papers for the SHA conference, Leicester January 2012
Symposium: Actor-Network Theory and other Relational Approaches in Historical Archaeology

In January 2013, the Society for Historical Archaeology is holding its annual conference in Leicester, UK. The Society normally holds this in North America, and the only other time it has been further afield was to York in 2005, when I organised the event. It is a major meeting of terrestrial and underwater archaeologists interested in late medieval to modern times, with hundreds of delegates and a number of parallel sessions. As with York, it is hoped that this meeting will allow meeting of British and European archaeologists with their North American counterparts, to the benefit of all.

I am organising a symposium for the conference, Actor-Network Theory and other Relational Approaches in Historical Archaeology, and am happy to consider papers from any researchers using a relevant approach as part of the session. 

Session participants will need to submit their paper title and abstract to the session in the paper submission website (https://www.conftool.com/sha2013/index.php?page=login).  This does not entail formal registration and payment for registration, which does not take place until October.

If you are interested in participating, please reply, and if possible send a title and abstract of up to 150 words, together with 3 key words for indexing. Unfortunately I have been away on fieldwork with unexpectedly no email access, so the deadline is now close. I would ideally like a reply within a week to give me time to compile the symposium, and then once that is done, you are then able to confirm your participation individually on the web-based system. It sounds complicated but worked well last year, when I organised a session for the event in Baltimore!

Also, if you know of anyone else who might be interested in taking part in the Actor-Network Theory and other Relational Approaches symposium, do send this email on to them.

Best wishes,

Harold Mytum

email: [log in to unmask]   

Harold Mytum
Director, Centre for Manx Studies,
Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology,
School of Histories, Languages and Cultures

University of Liverpool, UK
Cut and paste this link to read my page (University in process of changing web layouts so normal link does not work  at the moment)  http://www.liv.ac.uk/manxstudies/people/mytum/

ATOM RSS1 RSS2