HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Keith Doms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 11:22:48 -0500
That should be fine.  It was my experience that you need to be sure that
the unit is turned off when done and not just down on the table.  UV
light is also good at revealing where overglaze enamel was once on the
surface of ceramics.  You may want also want to check with rock
collectors.  They use battery operated hand held units that would be
good in the field.

KRD