HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Rebecca S. Graff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 20:40:53 -0500
Dear Histarchers,

For those of you who followed the thread regarding the History
Detectives, I am writing to update the list with a positive
result.  The series producer, Jennifer Silverman, just
contacted me after someone sent her our histarch thread.

While there seems to have been some confusion on their
end—they think they called me to talk about this but did
not—Ms. Silverman wrote that when my concerns made it up the
chain, they dropped the idea of using the looted Jackson Park
objects for their program.  She also wrote these heartening words:

I want to assure you of History Detective's
>   dedication to preserving history and treating
>   historic sites ethically and with respect.  It was
>   never our intention to approve or promote the
>   mishandling of any historic artifact or site.

I let Ms. Silverman and her associates know that I would
again for all the thoughtful contributions to this conversation.

Best,
Rebecca
Rebecca S. Graff
PhD Candidate