HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"L. D Mouer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:58:57 -0400
Greetings friends,

As a result of some discussions at the SHA meeting in January I have,
after allowing ample time for wise persons to fear to tred, rushed into
the breach and set up a discussion list for folks interested in Caribbean
archaeology and ethnology. The new list is called "standpipe-l." It is
named after the water-well pipe that stands along the road or in the
middle of many West Indian villages. So gather 'round the standpipe if you
care to shoot the breeze about archaeological and ethnological tidbits
related to the Antilles and adjacent mainland areas. Amerindian studies,
historical archaeology, and the anthropological study of both traditional
and conteporary popular culture are welcome.

You can subscribe by one of two means: send a letter to

with the message: subscribe standpipe-l yourfirstname yourlastname

or subscibe online at: http://www.vcu.edu/vcu/oit/listcmd.html

and check out the general info at http://www.vcu.edu/vcu/oit/listfaq.html

I have not yet made up a list-specific FAQ, but one will be along soon,
along with a web site. For the time being I have set the list up so that I
have to approve members. If I don't know you, I may contact you to ask you
a bit about your interests, etc. Please don't take it personally. I am
trying to keep this list relatively free of spammers and itinerant
list-bashers. Thanks for your patience.

Dan Mouer
Virginia Commonwealth University
http://saturn.vcu.edu/~dmouer/homepage.htm