HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stacey Camp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2012 23:04:17 -0700
Hi Sam,

Dr. Stacy Kozakavich did a fascinating study of a Marxist utopian commune
outside of Sequoia National Forest in California. Here is a link to her
dissertation:

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=9XpwtZSJCzEC&oi=fnd&pg=PR8&dq=sta
cy+kozakavich&ots=UxV464-UnF&sig=hfAekiWUmNLp8T2qaKZuXWSMEzc#v=onepage&q=sta
cy%20kozakavich&f=false

She also published an article in Historical Archaeology on a different
utopian commune, which can be found using the link below. I believe that
entire edition of Historical Archaeology was on utopian/intentional
communities:

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/25617319?uid=3739648&uid=2&uid=4&uid=3
739256&sid=21100940879593

Best,

Stacey

Stacey Lynn Camp, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Sociology, Anthropology, & Justice Studies
University of Idaho, Moscow
Phinney Hall, Room 106
(208) 885-6736
UI Faculty Profile: www.uidaho.edu/class/socanthro/staceycamp
The Kooskia Internment Camp Archaeological Project:
www.uidaho.edu/class/kicap