HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gerda Coetzee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2011 14:52:35 +0200
Good day,

I'm sending the following request on behalf of myself and a colleague, who is helping me with the identification of buttons found at a farmstead site, dating approximately
between the 1880s and the 1920s:

Could you please advise me on how to distinguish between jet, black glass, and bakelite buttons. How can I make a positive identification?

Thank you very much.

Gerda Coetzee
Department of Archaeology
National Museum
P.O. Box 266
Bloemfontein
9300
South Africa
Tel.. 051-447 9609
Fax  051-447 8043
Sell  083 658 7875
Email:  [log in to unmask]

National Museum website:  www.nasmus.co.za

DISCLAIMER: This E-mail contains confidential information for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Any use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication, by persons or entities other than the recipient is prohibited. No binding contract will result from this e-mail until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of the National Museum, Bloemfontein.

The National Museum, Bloemfontein cannot accept any responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this message or guarantee that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference. The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being those of the National Museum, Bloemfontein.