HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"John P. McCarthy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 07:30:17 -0500

Forwarded from the Public History list, Publhist-
John McCarthy

Subject: Fellowship Announcement
Author:  MIME:[log in to unmask] at INTERNET
Date:    4/29/98 5:42 PM

THE JOHN NICHOLAS BROWN CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF AMERICAN CIVILIZATION
Research Fellowship Program
Brown University, Providence, RI

The John Nicholas Brown Center seeks applicants for its Research Fellowship
Program.  We support scholarship (research and/or writing) in American
topics, primarily in the fields of History, Art History, American
Literature, and American Studies.  Preference is given to those working
with Rhode Island materials or requiring access to New England resources.
Open to independent scholars, advanced graduate students, junior or senior
faculty, and humanities professionals.  We offer office space in the
historic Nightingale-Brown House, access to Brown University resources, and
a stipend of up to $2,000 in total.  Terms of residence are between one and
five months during one of our two annual award cycles:  January through
June; July through December.  Housing may be available for visiting
scholars; please indicate your interest.  Application deadlines are
NOVEMBER 1ST for residence between January and June; APRIL 15TH for
residence between July and December.  To apply, mail a credentials package
consisting of a 1-2 pg. project abstract, a 1-2 pg. CV, a 1-pg. work plan,
a proposed budget, and one letter of recommendation, to:

Joyce M. Botelho, director
The John Nicholas Brown Center
Box 1880
Brown University
Providence, RI  02912

Or for more information, you may also contact us by:
Phone: (401) 272-0357
Fax: (401) 272-1930
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]