"Michael A. Pfeiffer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:58:08 -0600
Content-Type:
multipart/mixed
Parts/Attachments:
Message_Body (294 bytes) , tobrefs.txt (1859 bytes)
Since I no longer have access to my old computer system so that I may reply to
 Robin Mills (and she did not put her e-mail address in the body of her message)
 and since I have had several other requests for these references, here they
 are. About 1 page. Smoke Pfeiffer
[log in to unmask]

To: Robin Mills                     23 February 1998 Univ. of Alaska, Fairbanks   The following references should help to identify and date marked tobacco related  products from the post-civil war to early 1900's period. I have unsucessfuly t ried to get these through local interlibrary loan since they are classified as " reference" books. Those of you who have access to real libraries may have bette r luck.   Barett & Company 1867. Universal Tobacco Dealers Directory for the Year 1867. Containing the na mes & places of business of the manufactures, Importers & dealers in Tobacco in the United States of America, the Island of Cuba and the principal dealers & imp orters in Europe. New York, N.Y., and Philadelphia, PA.   Connorton, John W. (Comp. and publisher) Tobacco Brand Directory of the United States. Chicago, Illinois, John W. Connor ton Publishing Company, 1886-1887, 1890, 1894, 1895, 1896, 1898, 1899, 1903.   Delano, T.H., Publishing Company (comp.)  1893 Directory and Reference Book of the Tobacco Trade. New York, N.Y.; 102 Ch ambers Street.   Ellison, Isamr S. A Century's History of the Tobacco Trade and Industries in the United States. 19 00.   Holdcroft, George N. (comp.) Tobacco Trade Directory of the United States and Cuba. New York, N.Y., The Tobac co Leaf Publishing Company, 1905.   Tobacco Leaf Publishing Company A Directory of the Tobacco Trade of the United States, Great Britain and Germany , Second Year, 1874-1875. New York, N.Y., 142 Fulton Street.   Tobacco Leaf Publishing Company A Directory of the Tobacco Trade of the United States, Great Britain and Germany , 1885. New York, N.Y., 142 Fulton Street.   The above references have been gleefully lifted from: Rapaport, Benjamin   1989 The Global Guide to Tobacco Literature. Privately Published, Reston Vir ginia. Library of           Congress # 90-91868.   Smoke Pfeiffer [log in to unmask]  

ATOM RSS1 RSS2