HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Marsha King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:52:20 -0600
I have checked all the standard sources I have at hand, and have not been able to find much information on metal overall buttons.  I would greatly appreciate any references.  This is a problem that has come up many times.  The most common lettering on overall buttons in our collections is probably "BIG MAC," but many other company names and other lettering have been noted.

The buttons we are currently examining have the following lettering:
"FINCA'S  DETROIT  SPECIAL."

Marsha K. King
Special Projects Archeologist
Cultural Resource Division