HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:03:02 +1100
I was wondering whether anyone out there would be able to assist me with two
small issues.

Firstly, I am trying to find information on 19th Century papermaking. I am
doing a preliminary assessment on an 1870s paper mill near the city of
Geelong in Victoria. I am wondering whether anyone knows of any standard
texts on paper production and/or paper mill technology. Also are there any
reports on paper mills in the literature. I'm afraid my searching is too
unfocused and I keep getting billions of hits!

Secondly, although I have a very serviceable citation management program
that has worked well for the last decade it is a DOS program and I fear soon
will be incomprehensible to the modern computer. It is a great shame as I
have no problems with the program it is just that it didn't sell very well
and has never been upgraded. Can anyone let me know of a more mainstream
citation/reference management program?

Thanks

Iain Stuart
HLA-Envirosciences

(please note that my e-mail address has changed to
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  )