HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Wettstaed <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 07:35:15 -0600
I am presently working on  project where I am looking at the day
books and ledgers of a company store in an Ozarks lead mining town
from the 1830s and 1840s.  I will be collecting information on who
purchased what, how much, when they did so and how much was paid.  I
am interested in looking at similer studies, especially for the same
time period.  I have a copy of Atherton's "The Southern Country
Store" and an article by Adams and Smith which was included in "The
Archaeology of Slavery and Plantation Life".  Any other suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks - James

James Wettstaed   [log in to unmask]

Shared Service Archaeologist, Mark Twain National Forest
"all opinions expressed are my own etc."