HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"(Mike Polk)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:37:31 EST
In a message dated 98-02-24 17:27:45 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< ello - Does anyone have any recent or "decent" references on window glass
 identification?  I am trying to learn about apparent differences between
 18th and 19th century  window glass when inventorying historic sites.  I am
 curious about the importance and reasons for color variation, and if
 thickness is truly a indicater of Crown vs. Cylinder.

 Thank you

 Roberta Charpentier >>

Check out a University of Idaho Master's Thesis written by Karl G. Roenke
entitled "Flat Glass:  Its Use as a Dating tool for Nineteenth Century
Archaeological Sites in the Pacific Northwest and Elsewhere".  It was
published in Northwest Anthropological Research Notes (NARN), Vol. 12(2), Part
2 in 1978.

Mike Polk