HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gronenborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 11:16:29 +0100
Sorry everybody to bother you with my meaningless question to Virgil Noble.
I send the message off during the night and just was`t paying attention to
what I was doing.

This however brings me to an inquiry which I wanted to post anyway:

I am presently working on a webpage for a course on Historical Archaeology
at the University of Bamberg for the summer-semester '98. As the
availability of literature on various topics of Historical Archaeology is a
bit meagre, I want to include some www-links.

Now, I have been following the list discussion for more than two years and
do have a lot of links, but still they seem surprisingly few. Of course
most of them concern North American sites.

Are there some sites with information on Hist Arch in other parts of the
World, liek South Africa, Australia or the Pacific. Even for Europe, I
couldn't find much.

Furthermore I am also including sites with historic research background
like internet postings of rare maps &c.. For these, I have however quite a
collection already.

Many thanks for your help and sorry again

Dr. Detlef Gronenborn

Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe-Universitaet

Seminar fuer Vor- und Fruehgeschichte
Archaeologie und Archaeobotanik Afrikas